Friday, March 5, 2010

Button Canvas Art

I got creative during my pregnancy with Harry, after I purchased a new quilt cover that has lovely little flowers trailing all over it - much to my husband's disgust! We had just found out 'Beanie' was going to be Harry rather than Lily, and my mother in law told me I deserved a bit of a femine touch in our bedroom since I was going to be surrounded by boys :) So, I remembered what Tara Denis had done one night on Better Homes and Gardens and dug out the magazine I had bought for that reason. This is the end result. I was really happy with the result - better than I thought I'd do! Isn't it nice when we suprise ourselves with our talents?

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering where this is hanging? Is it art on your wall? I love it - and it also looks like jewellery as well?
    I had a necklace (I seem to have misplaced it) made of orange and yellow buttons Andy gave me one year made by a friend - it was LOVED by little girls at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in our bedroom above our bed. It's all just a mixture of buttons. Took me ages to do - alot more detailed and fiddly because you have to glue every button individually and be careful not to bump it once you've laid them all out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Headquartered in Pomona, California, Wall26™ currently operates three large-scale printing facilities, strategically located across the United States of America. This allows Wall26™ to compete with the best in the space and offer Fast 2-Day Shipping anywhere in the USA. 3 panel canvas art

    ReplyDelete