Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Funky Nappies

Harry is our lovely chubby third boy. Being on a tight budget, I have used cloth nappies for all of my boys most of the time. Harry proved a challenge, since his legs were so chubby. I couldn't get any covers to fit him without cutting into his legs. Well, none in my price range! So, I decided to try making my own nappies. This is one of them and they are a great fit. They are a pocket nappy which means they have an opening at the back where you 'stuff' a liner in to absorb liquid and you don't need a cover as the bright outer layer is waterproof and the inner layer is soft microfleece. They dry really quickly on the line and don't need folding! I have a few prefold nappies that were given to us, and I still use these and just put an empty pocket nappy over the top as a cover. In summer they are great as they look great with a singlet or t-shirt - no need for shorts. As Harry has eczema, these are so much better for his skin than disposables - and he can't break the tabs when he scratches in his sleep! I am happy to make these for anyone who would like some, so send me a message and I'll get back to you with a quote. (They are available in many colours - Harry's are white, royal blue, teal blue & neon green. Let me know your preferences as I will make them to order)

No comments:

Post a Comment